Martha is an intense first-person survival horror that is riddled with action, frightful family secrets and chilling surprises. You wont be a helpless victim holding a flashlight: you can use firearms & melee weapons to down foes. This non-linear adventure has a 1-2 hour play through and is set in a ramshackle house where you can get
Martha is an intense first-person survival horror that is riddled with action, frightful family secrets and chilling surprises. You wont be a helpless victim holding a flashlight: you can use firearms & melee weapons to down foes. This non-linear adventure has a 1-2 hour play through and is set in a ramshackle house where you can get your Sherlock on to unlock the story with a series of notes and artifacts.
1st of May 1996.
You are Isabelle Hewitt, a determined freelance reporter with a penchant for getting sh*t done and taking matters into your own hands. Your close work colleague, Jack Meyer, is missing and you have not heard from him in nearly two weeks. Having worked with him for over a decade, you know this is very much out of character.
Jack was in the regional outskirts of Annadeer to investigate a family who went missing from the Albrecht Estate, which is rumored to be struck by a family curse. The house has been left abandoned and now Jack is nowhere to be seen. Why so many missing people in the local area, you wonder.
The local police are reluctant to investigate, so now its up to you.
Back to the family curse at the Albrecht Estate. In 1968 Martha Albrecht and her husband Albert went missing from the estate home they had built near the Annadeer mountains. The house lay abandoned for over twenty years until two hapless property barons decided to buy it. Emily and Daniel Burkheart became the proud new owners of the Albrecht Estate in 1994.
Following a series of strange and unexplained events at the house, the Burkheart family have also vanished without a trace. Even Winston, the family dog is nowhere to be seen. Over the next two years there have been further missing persons reports in the local area. With little to no investigation from local authorities, the town folk now refer to the area as being under the Albrecht family curse.
Not satisfied with the notable lack of action by the local police, you decide to take a drive to Annadeer in search of Jack. Is the Albrecht family curse real or just coincidence? Is a serial killer on the loose? Just what do the police know and what are they hiding? So many questions, so little time. Its time to gather your courage and find out.
- Atmosphere meets action: Martha has all the tension of a first-person horror game but plenty of action. You wont be a helpless victim holding a flashlight: you can use firearms, melee weapons and even your bare fists to fight your enemies.
- Fight or flee: Ammo is limited and foes are deadly, so choose your weapons wisely. You decide how to tackle the encounters: do you run and wait them out or stand and fight like a boss?
- Solve puzzles: Crack codes, discover combinations and enjoy the good old-fashioned key hunts that await you.
- Uncover the truth: Martha has a rich story line, interesting characters and plenty of juicy family secrets to keep you suitably entertained. The dirty laundry just keeps on piling up.
- Non-linear structure: You decide the sequence to tackle the challenges and find your own path.
Martha is the maiden creation of a first-time solo developer and let me know if you like what you see.